Thursday 10 September 2015

Cocoon dress

Recently I had the opportunity to test the new Cocoon dress from Heidi and Finn. It's super exciting testing new patterns and this one was no exception. The pattern set out new challenges for me an exposed zip and unusual fabrics. It called for something which held it's shape- neoprene, scuba knit or sweat shirting. So I was straight on the Internet as soon as I had been chosen choosing something suitable. I came across two scuba knits and bought them asap.


However, about 4 days later they still hadn't arrived. Panicking I searched my stash for something suitable and found a reversible double fleece and a wool mix. Both were suitable so I started and within a few hours they were done, easy as pie.

I did a colour blocked version without the zip or pockets as it was quite bulky.


This is the wool mix version, I bought this fabric for £1 at a local craft jumble, a total bargain dress and my favourite. She looks so smart in it, it's hard to tell but the fabric is black with flecks of white and red.


I found out later my package had been returned to the sender as the post office used the return address as the address to send to😞, anyway they were sent again and I have more suitable fabric to play with😀
This is really a great pattern, easy to follow, fun and quick. I have another few planned for the winter months paired with thick tights and boots she will look smart and be comfortable.

2 comments:

mrsrobinson said...

Always so satisfying, to use fabric from the piles! Look forward to seeing the next versions of this little dress...

Little stitch and me said...

Yes, keep nd of handy I had the option really. Got to love the craft jumble the fabric is so cheap!