Thursday 20 November 2014







Where do you start with blogging again after a year of absence....
I have had a busy year getting on with our building work and preferring to be sewing and making rather than wrestling with technology that doesn't want to make blogging an easy process.

Well I hope to be able to be better at this but I can't promise but I have loads to show. I have had a very productive year of sewing clothes for me and my children which I would like to share.
I'll start with this Anna cape that I was a test sewer for BigLittle .
Lisa has a knack for creating simple, magical clothing patterns for children. I have sewn many of her patterns in the past- pixie coat, pixie cape, and a simple waistcoat. I loved sewing all of them and the instructions are very clear and illustrated step by step so as a beginner they were easy to make.
This simple cape was inspired by Anna's clothing from Disney's Frozen. It came together beautifully. I made it from a pink wool mix and lined it with a pink faux fur which is super soft. I had the perfect pretty silver catch to finish it off. Unfortunately my little model wasn't happy the day that we could take pictures she wasn't her normal posing- self.

Bye for now
xx

4 comments:

sustainablemum said...

It's gorgeous! Welcome back!

mrsrobinson said...

So gorgeous! I quite fancy an adult version... And welcome back!

BigLittle said...

She looks gorgeous, I hope she loves her new cape :). Welcome back to blogging! Xx

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see you back , Sarah, I love the Cape you made and am looking forward to seeing the other things you be been making throughout the year. Welcome back lovely ,love Julie xxxx