Wednesday 25 February 2015

Sew like mad...

Sewing is something I am doing more and more at the moment I can't get enough of it. Plus it's sewing bee time which is perfect light hearted entertainment whilst sewing.
I wanted a simple dress to sew for my little girl that would showcase some of the lovely fabrics I have hoarded so I chose the Geranium pattern from Made by Rae.
Wonderfully simple and looks so cute on, it's a great pattern. I love that you can customise it, patch pocket, ruffle sleeves, built in sleeves, pleats or gathers, piping, ricrac, bobbles you name it you can use it.
So far I have done ruffle sleeves




Built in sleeves, notch and patch pockets





Built in sleeves and a ribbon detail

Such a pretty dress and it has toddler approval too.
I am also pattern testing for BigLittle in New Zealand again with two lovely projects. I should be able to show you soon until then it is top secret x

5 comments:

Elsie Pop said...

Gorgeous pattern - these are super cute! I only wish I was better at sewing! xx

mrsrobinson said...

Sweet dresses... your daughter is a lucky duck! Lovely to have the Sewing Bee back, it really does make me want to sit at my machine. Not sure I'll be making a kilt though...

sustainablemum said...

Your fabric stash is wonderful, I love the printed needlecord second from bottom. I have a metre of that (with a different pattern on) waiting to be sewn into something. I love the dresses you have made they are all gorgeous.

l.wilks11 said...

What lovely little dresses and so well sewn ....xx

BigLittle said...

Love seeing all your makes! xx