Friday 15 April 2011

There is not mush room around here


We found this little guy growing in our front garden the other day. Isn't he cute, he told me his name is 'Fergus' its strange though as he sometimes moves about the garden. I found him in the muscari yesterday and strangely enough he was in my wool basket last week.

He said he liked a change of scenery sometimes.

Autually I made that up he is from a japanese amigurumi book, I have become abit addicted lately and my sister arrived this afternoon with two more books for me.

Toooo cute. I can't resist them googly eggs.

We have a busy weekend ahead, we are off in our caravan for a few days to the other side of Milton Keynes. I going on a one day sewing course hosted by Kim from 'Worn and Washed fabrics'. We are going to sew a whole quilt top in one day ready for basting at the end of the day, using her jelly rolls of recycled vintage fabrics. I don't really know alot about quilt making but I have become quite addicted to Kim's jelly rolls as they are so interesting, you never know what patterns you will get and I always unwrap them putting them in order of how much I like  love them.

This is the first ever quilt I made last year its big enough for a double bed and I quilted it on my machine every 1.5'' in diagonals, it was a labour of love thats for sure. But I absolutely love it, I love its randomness,
different sized rectangles, different textures and colours. I am often found on the settee snuggling underneath.


I am loving the recent weather so are the plants I have never seen so many flowers on my cherry trees before, the are full to bursting. I just hope I might be quicker than the birds this year so I eat them.


They has also been lots of toddler play time in the garden with new toys. We have bought a combines ball pit and paddling pool, its proving a great success. He has spent most of the day playing in it today. When his cousin came to visit today he was playing indoors, I said 'Why don't you show J# your new toy' and he ran out the back door ready to show her quicker than you can say 'easter bunny'. I have never seen him run so fast.

Talking of the easter bunny we all decorated the easter tree tonight. Taaadaahhh.

There will be a bit of mummy adjusting to get it just right or that easter bunny might be offended and not visit.

Happy Easter to all of you see you after easter.

Sarah







1 comment:

jane said...

Hello, I love your little mushroom :) and your easter tree :) I've just packed up your fabrics and am off to the P.O now so they should be with you soon ....have fun
Jane x x x x x x