Saturday 20 July 2013

Its show time!



Its that time of the year again, the village flower show. The bunting will be coming out, the smell of victoria sponge, the random splat the rat stall and the usual tacky prizes. Its all fun though, i  registered my entries on Wednesday and actually I went a bit mad. Three roses in a vase, a specimen rose, bag made from recycled material, item of crochet in wool, a patchwork item, a black and white photo and a handicraft item made by a woman. My sister came with me and thinks I am quite crazy making fun of me and making all the old ladies writing in their exercise books laugh with her cheekyness. I have entered my son too he is doing a fruit or vegetable turned into an animal, he was quite ambitious and wanted to make a giraffe so last night we raided the fridge and used alot of cocktails sticks to hold him together. I forgot to take a photo but we are going to the show soon so I will update you later.

Well, its all a bit of fun really.... But i want my trophy back... I am quietly competitive really,

My little boy has finished pre school now, those two years have flew by so quickly. So teachers presents were made a followed a fruity recipe from purlbee and made some labels from some tatty ladybird books.

Wish us luck,
Enjoy the weekend and the sunshine if its still with you, we are cloudy today and feels like it may rain,
Sarah

7 comments:

la said...

Oh lovely. It is much cooler today isn't it...I'm pleased, was getting a bit hot and bothered to be honest :o) Hope you have a great day xx

Anonymous said...

good luck Lovely ,enjoy the gorgeous weather xxx

Amanda Makes said...

Sounds like great fun! I love your Apple...you're so clever! xxxx

Gillian Roe said...

Love those apple coasters. Good luck at the fair - hope you win your trophy back! x

mrsrobinson said...

Sweet teacher presents! Hope you had a fun village fete...

Annie Cholewa said...

So, did you get it back? :D

Ladybird Diaries said...

Love the little apple! So sweet.
M x