Tuesday 10 August 2010

Taking The plunge!!



Well this is it I am starting a blog and going to stick with it. I am on the internet enough looking at all other people and their crafty lifes so I have taken the plunge. Hope I am interesting enough for someone to read this!
I live in Essex in a small cottage with my husband and little 18mth old 'LOB'. We also have 11 chickens, a ragdoll cat and a tag along moggy with two little 8 week old kittens squeezed in with us. Its getting cramped.


Add ImageWell in the spirit of other blogs here's what I have been up to so far this week. We had planned a family day out today to Brightlingsea to try out the lido and the icecream but the rain put paid to that so I finished off some teeny tiny projects. I made some crocheted flower squares months ago to make into a flowery cushion but other things got in the way and quicker granny squares won. So I decided to make them into small lavender cushions and backed them with some vintage fabrics from my ever expanding stash.
I stuffed them with polyfil and dried lavender and popped them in my etsy shop. I thought I would give etsy and folksy a go to see if I could sell things I make.

I only started crocheting in January. My friend booked me on a crochet course in John Lewis for my christmas present. I was useless in the class and felt like the class dunce but I was determined so when I got home I practised and practised until I got it and had a eureka moment and then I was off.
I have made lots of granny square cushions and have started a hexagon blanket to complete the look of my cath kidston bedding. Lots of bright colours it could take years for me to finish.
I have also found a new book this week for more crafty ideas ''The Homemade Home''. LOB and me went to have a quick look around Hyde Hall RHS gardens this week and found it in their shop. I haven't heard of it before and it has lots of good ideas for thifty projects around the home. I loved the china transfer idea, taking children's drawings and using a special transfer paper to put it on plain china to spruce it up, really cute. There is other good stuff too, nice cushion ideas and other bits and pieces too. When I get around to trying it out I' ll show you.
Well that's it for now, have fun.

No comments: